Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Houston, Texas Lesbian Mayor Attacks The Ministry
10-16-2014, 12:06 PM
Houston, Texas Lesbian Mayor Attacks The Ministry
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/10/1...s-pulpits/ The cowboy days must be over in Houston. The new mayor is a lesbian named Annise Parker, and she wants everyone to be as close to homosexual as she can manage. To this end, she's all for a new bill, the Houston Equal Rights Ordnance, which would (among other things) allow men who identify as women to use the restrooms of their choice – and vice versa. Meaning any man can walk right into any womans public toilet.

That's only part of it. Houston pastors were ordered by the city to turn over any sermons dealing with homosexuality, gender identity issues or homosexual Houston mayor Annise Parker, and you know Ms. Parker is behind this.

The pastors are saying NO and it looks like this will be decided in the courts. Once homosexuals like Parker gets some power, they push their agenda to the limit. This attack on our civil liberties by homosexuals is going to be paid for, not by them, but by the taxpayers of Houston, with attorneys on both sides raking in the fistfuls of money. I marvel at the restraint of all those gun owners.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-17-2014, 11:08 AM
RE: Houston, Texas Lesbian Mayor Attacks The Ministry
(10-16-2014 12:06 PM)admin Wrote:  http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/10/1...s-pulpits/ The cowboy days must be over in Houston. The new mayor is a lesbian named Annise Parker, and she wants everyone to be as close to homosexual as she can manage. To this end, she's all for a new bill, the Houston Equal Rights Ordnance, which would (among other things) allow men who identify as women to use the restrooms of their choice – and vice versa. Meaning any man can walk right into any womans public toilet.

That's only part of it. Houston pastors were ordered by the city to turn over any sermons dealing with homosexuality, gender identity issues or homosexual Houston mayor Annise Parker, and you know Ms. Parker is behind this.

The pastors are saying NO and it looks like this will be decided in the courts. Once homosexuals like Parker gets some power, they push their agenda to the limit. This attack on our civil liberties by homosexuals is going to be paid for, not by them, but by the taxpayers of Houston, with attorneys on both sides raking in the fistfuls of money. I marvel at the restraint of all those gun owners.

This is the very reason the 1st amendment of separation of church and state is in the constitution. OH and then there is that freedom of speech thing the progressives so want to change.
I am a Christian and watch the hate, anger against Christians by the liberal progressives and indoctrination of our schools and universities. I'm confident this mayor has millions behind her, the PC police first in line.

Thanks for the post
10-17-2014, 11:26 AM
:-/Sounds like a good fight is a brewing. It will be interesting to see where this leads. I for one would vote for tossing the existing mayor
out on her ear. The nuts are running the asylum in Houston.
10-17-2014, 11:42 AM
(10-17-2014 11:26 AM)Guest Wrote:  :-/Sounds like a good fight is a brewing. It will be interesting to see where this leads. I for one would vote for tossing the existing mayor
out on her ear. The nuts are running the asylum in Houston.

There were over 40000 signatures to block a bill of opposite sex to use male or female restrooms. Only 17,500 signatures were needed.....but she threw out the opposition and passed the bill anyway. I believe the citizens have a legal right to throw her out on her ear, and any of her cronie pals too.
10-17-2014, 02:09 PM
(10-17-2014 12:28 PM)svengali Wrote:  
(10-17-2014 11:08 AM)jackgrantspassoregon Wrote:  
(10-16-2014 12:06 PM)admin Wrote:  http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/10/1...s-pulpits/ The cowboy days must be over in Houston. The new mayor is a lesbian named Annise Parker, and she wants everyone to be as close to homosexual as she can manage. To this end, she's all for a new bill, the Houston Equal Rights Ordnance, which would (among other things) allow men who identify as women to use the restrooms of their choice – and vice versa. Meaning any man can walk right into any womans public toilet.

This is the very reason the 1st amendment of separation of church and state is in the constitution. OH and then there is that freedom of speech thing the progressives so want to change.
I am a Christian and watch the hate, anger against Christians by the liberal progressives and indoctrination of our schools and universities. I'm confident this mayor has millions behind her, the PC police first in line.

Thanks for the post

The Constitution says nothing about "separation of church and state." Thomas Jefferson, in a letter to the Danbury Baptist Association, made mention of a "wall of separation" between church and state. This was first promulgated, as far as I know, by John Locke, a 17th Century English Philosopher whose writings greatly influenced Jefferson and others. The First Amendment states that Congress shall make no law regarding the Establishment of a religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof. At the time of the creation of the Bill of Rights, both the Church of England and the Roman Catholic Church, particularly in Spain, were heavily involved in secular politics and power plays. The First Amendment reflects a desire of the Framers to avoid a political church.

Someone who understands at he Constitutuion says. Amazingly welcome to see.
10-17-2014, 02:46 PM (This post was last modified: 10-17-2014 02:50 PM by jackgrantspassoregon.)

Thanks for the post

The Constitution says nothing about "separation of church and state." Thomas Jefferson, in a letter to the Danbury Baptist Association, made mention of a "wall of separation" between church and state. This was first promulgated, as far as I know, by John Locke, a 17th Century English Philosopher whose writings greatly influenced Jefferson and others. The First Amendment states that Congress shall make no law regarding the Establishment of a religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof. At the time of the creation of the Bill of Rights, both the Church of England and the Roman Catholic Church, particularly in Spain, were heavily involved in secular politics and power plays. The First Amendment reflects a desire of the Framers to avoid a political church.

I appreciate your input. I was using the term (loosely) separation of church and state, that most on these forums relate to, in reference to "Congress shall make no law regarding the Establishment of a religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"
It would seem the mayor is using the courts to exercise laws, on the churches. It would seem a lot of focus is on the mayor being gay, when the issue is about abuse by the courts. This could come about from many walks of life, and many attacks against the "church" have come from groups much larger than a 2% minority.
My wife recently applying for university grants, noticed that if any course was theological studies, then the grant would not be offered. Of the seven grants, they all had this exclusion. Also her text books in social science offered up to 1/3 of the text praising the personalities and network of MSNBC while demonizing Fox news and it's personalities. The content of the text books had nothing in common with praising liberal views, and bashing conservative views, other than propaganda and programming if you will.
I see this topic of the mayor being an extension of the layers of attacks, and attempt to silence the Christian and or conservative voice.

(10-17-2014 02:09 PM)AuntieE Wrote:  

Thanks for the post

AuntieE, it's great to see you. This site is at least for now, very sensitive about personal insults, something very foreign to us both.

God Bless

(10-17-2014 02:09 PM)AuntieE Wrote:  

Thanks for the post

AuntieE, it's great to see you. This site is at least for now, very sensitive about personal insults, something very foreign to us both.

God Bless